Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Moving On

I've had a lot of good days in my life, but seeing Bryan for the first time in San Diego was right up there with our wedding day. The following 10 days truthfully felt like I was the star of a chick flick. The man I had spent the last 3 months worrying about, writing to, and thinking of incessantly was real and was as proud of me as I was of him.

The cliche phrase "you never know what you have until it's gone" rang so true. Now that I've had a taste of the "until it's gone", I can't help but pity those who allow petty arguments and differences to affect their relationships. Bryan and I spent his 10 days of leave smiling. We said "I love you" over and over, often at the same time. We've learned quickly that in the military world, you just have to make every second count. I don't have the luxury of going to bed mad or staying stubborn until I've made my point anymore. When the next separation is always just around the corner, you can't do anything other than love each other every minute.


And, what do you know, letting yourself fall hopelessly deep in love makes you happier!

I dropped Bryan off at the SLC airport around 5am after his leave ended and physically hurt watching him walk away. It was overwhelming seeing people stop and stare at the man in uniform. MY man in uniform!

Since then, though, time has really started picking up. I see him in 18 days already? Child's play!

Just to catch everyone up to speed- I leave in a couple weeks for Camp Pendleton for the 2 days Bryan has liberty before graduating from MCT and then he is immediately shipped out to his MOS schooling. June and I will slowly but surely be working our way out to join him so we can see each other as often as possible.


So, we're suddenly days away from leaving Utah!
   Things I'll miss: Butlers, Friends, Jamba
   Things I won't:  Utah Drivers, Ceaseless Construction, Mountains, Dryness

I can't wait to jump into our new life together.. our first of many destinations and adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting us at the top of the right list! We will miss you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a great perspective, Dana! This Marine Corp. stuff is child's play! :)

    ReplyDelete